Monday, July 13, 2009

Blind Company session 'selling fast'

For me, the most anticipated film of MIFF 2009 is Alkinos Tsilimidos' Blind Company. My regular update of the selling out sessions reveals it's 'selling fast' and it only has the one screening. The film stars Colin Friels and Nick Barkla, is set in Tasmania and will be followed by a Q&A. I just secured my tickets and if you're thinking about it yourself, get in quick before they're all gone.

For what it's worth, Tsilimidos' previous films include Tom White, Em 4 Jay (my equal favourite Australian film - the other being The Boys) and Everynight, Everynight... In my opinion, this man makes films that deserve to screen at Cannes with the best of them.

[Update]: poster added: doesn't it look great?

[Update 15/7/09]: As expected, the session has now sold out.

[Update 19/7/09]: This title is now listed as 'selling fast', so tickets are still available.

No comments: