Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yet more about the calendar

There's never enough hours in the day, nor days in the week, nor room on a blog to fit a bloody Google calendar. Well, I've added my Calendar of Film Events to the bottom of the page where it has the whole width of the blog, in Month view. For now, I'm leaving the Agenda view in the sidebar. The best view will always be by having your own Google calendar, and subscribing to mine. Any feedback is appreciated.

By the way, does anyone know if it's possible to synchronise an Outlook calendar with the calendar in an iPod Touch? I just purchased my first iPod and it'd be good to take advantage of some of the many features it has.

[Edit] Ignore that last question, I've worked it out. Wow, I'm impressed with my new iPod. I bought one for my son, Abhi, not long before he died. It was for his 17th birthday and it was the first time in his life that when I asked him what he wanted he didn't shrug his shoulders and say "I don't care". He was very sure of himself and said an iPod, and it gave me much pleasure to take him on the back of my motor bike to the Apple store in Elizabeth St. The store had just closed, and we stood there vacantly looking at the sign on the door when a staff member came out and charitably let us in to make a quick sale.

Anyway, digression aside, the iPod synchronises with Outlook automatically and it's fantastic. I've been playing around with the calendar in Outlook and worked out some tricks to make it even easier to synchronise with my Google Calendar (accessible via this blog). As a result, I've uploaded all my film events up to the end of this calendar year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

Your film blog has become my main source when looking for a good film at the end of the day. I'll make sure I get the next edition of The Big Issue and read your article. Congratulations! About the ipod, I can only agree with me. I've got an Iphone, which does everything that the Ipod touch does, and still allow you to make phone calls, text messaging, and connect to the internet (US and Canada only so far) using edge technology!

Paul Martin said...

Thanks, Tony. Tell me, can you use your iPhone here? I'm told there's a hack to enable it in Australia. I can't wait until it's generally available here. Revolutionary technology!